Aw: Re: Re: new upstream release for GNUmed

> >> Preconfiguring packages .
> >> trying to overwrite '/usr/share/man/man1/gm-remove_person.1.gz', which is
> >> also in package gnumed-client 1.3.1-1quantal
>
> > I found out it is shipped in both tarballs , gnumed-client and
> > gnumed-server. I guess dpkg does not like this.
>

> > The file could either be overwritten
>
> Debian won't do that.
>
> > or it needs to be removed from one of the tarballs I guess.
>

> Certainly not from the tarballs but rather from one of the packages.
>
> Or, rather, moved to package gnumed-doc.
>

> What do you prefer ?

Well, as far as gm-remove_person.1.gz goes -doc would be just fine. That
doesn't solve the question of what to do with /usr/bin/gm-remove_person
itself, though.

There's two "proper" answers to that:

1) Anything not -server is -client, so if people want to be able to
access the GNUmed database (say, removing a person) w/o resorting to
PostgreSQL tools (psql) they would need to install some sort of -client
package. However, the client pulls in LOADS of LaTeX which just isn't
fair on server machines just because the admin wants a local gm-remove_person.

2) Create a -tools which would include gm-remove_person(.1.gz). We've got
precious few other things that would go in there, however, so whether that's
worth the effort ...

Karsten