Re: itk and tiff

On Wed, Mar 20, 2013 at 5:23 AM, Steve M. Robbins <steve@sumost.ca> wrote:
> On March 19, 2013 09:48:15 AM Paul Novotny wrote:
>> On Mon, 2013-03-18 at 00:56 -0500, Steve M. Robbins wrote:
>
>> > So I turned on system tiff, added your patch, and updated the
>> > build depends.  Depending on libtiff5-dev failed due to conflict with
>> > libvtk5- dev, so I used libtiff5-alt-dev instead.  I presume you did the
>> > same, yes?
>>
>> Now that I look back, I am not sure what I did. I might still be using
>> libtiff4-dev? But in any case, did libtiff5-alt-dev work? That seems to
>> be the way to go.
>
> It works on 386 and amd64, but nothing else (yet).  The same as the last few
> versions.  :-(
>

>> Anyway I should probably summarize what I have been trying to do lately.
>> Basically, I have been trying to get all the tests to pass on a sparc
>> machine. From what I can tell, most of them have to do with gdcm, and it
>> not working on a big-endian machine. I noticed that gdcm itself is built
>> with testing off, and when you turn it back on, all sorts of tests fail,
>> so that isn't good.
>
> No, that's not good.  Mathieu: can you comment on why testing is disabled?

Technically most of the tests needs gdcmData (a set of DICOM files)
which is not shipped. Also gdcm when testing is ON compiles a few more
classes, which I did not want to be present in release dist.

Having said that, test suite is much more important than those, I'll
turn the test suite back on and check why this is failing on sparc.

thx