Re: RFS: aragorn

Hi Sascha,

thanks for packaging aragorn.

On Sat, Mar 02, 2013 at 09:08:51PM +0100, Sascha Steinbiss wrote:
> By the way, the aragorn web page
> (http://mbio-serv2.mbioekol.lu.se/ARAGORN/) relies on javascript to
> link to the source file by setting the document location in the
> browser to the download URL -- that means no href link for uscan to
> pick up in a watchfile. Has anyone come up with some way to deal with
> that situation?

I guess the best way to fix this is to send upstream a kind e-mail
(preferably CCing our list) and ask them to provide a small page listing
the latest source tarball.  BTW, it would be also advisable to build
clean tarballs featuring a subdirectory as base dir

    aragorn-1.2.36/...

> E.g. to define a regex for the actual remote file location and have
> uscan try and increase the version numbers until a valid file comes
> back? I could not find anything in the manpage about that -- is there
> maybe another tool to do this? By now I simply wget the file using a
> URL constructed from the version number in the changelog, but I'd
> prefer a way using uscan ;)

You intention is perfectly correct but as far as I can see there is no
chance to do so in the current situation.

BTW, upstream contains a "manpage.1.src" file that could be a cheap
target for creating a manpage.  Could you please include this in the
packaging?

Kind regards and thanks for the packaging