aragorn (Was: Python package review)

Hi Sascha,

I'm a bit in a hurry so I pick the easier part of your mail first and
come back later to Genometools.

On Sun, Feb 10, 2013 at 09:43:01PM +0100, Sascha Steinbiss wrote:

> P.S. On a side note, I am also preparing a package for a GPL2 program
> called aragorn (not ITP'ed yet). Since this is my first package of
> which I am not the upstream author, I wonder if it's good style to
> contact him and ask whether he still maintains the source? The date on
> the web site indicates he does.

In general it is considered nice to contact the author and I would
recommend doing so.  I would also recommend the author to apply the two
patches you created for the package.  I guess he will be happy about
this enhancement.  It could make sense to recommend bundling the single
source file into a compressed tarball - possibly by some added value of
some documentation file.  This would safe you the extra get-orig-source
target.