Re: Packaging InVesalius

Hi Andreas,

On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 12, 2012 at 03:40:33PM -0200, Thiago Franco Moraes wrote:
>> I've done and committed that trick with debian/links. I saw I'll need
>> create a man to InVesalius because the package adds a script file in
>> /usr/bin/. I think I'll work on it after the next invesalius release.
>
> Seems it is time to have a sponsor-centric view onto invesalius now.
> So I tried

:)

> $ uscan --verbose --force-download
> -- Scanning for watchfiles in .
> -- Found watchfile in ./debian
> -- In debian/watch, processing watchfile line:
>    http://svn.softwarepublico.gov.br/trac/invesalius/browser/releases/invesalius3/ubuntu32/   http://svn.softwarepublico.gov.br/trac/invesalius/browser/releases/invesalius3/ubuntu32/invesalius_(.+)\.orig.tar.gz
> uscan warning: In debian/watch,
>   no matching hrefs for watch line
>   http://svn.softwarepublico.gov.br/trac/invesalius/browser/releases/invesalius3/ubuntu32/   http://svn.softwarepublico.gov.br/trac/invesalius/browser/releases/invesalius3/ubuntu32/invesalius_(.+)\.orig.tar.gz
> -- Scan finished
>

> Seems your debian/watch file is not fit to download the latest
> invesalius source tarball.  Considering you are upstream and have some
> influence how to structure your download area I'd recommend making
> things a bit simpler for uscan.  I admit the "ubuntu32" location looks a
> bit suspicious.  We are seeking for plain souce tarballs - and probably
> other distributors are trying the same (or just people who want to
> install from source).  Putting this into a <distribution><architecture>
> named directory just sounds wrong.  Also the naming with 'orig' inside
> the names makes things quite distribution specific - usually the orig
> is added by uscan later on.
>
> I'd recommend to have a website which contains links to files named
>
>    invesalius-<version>.tar.[gx]z

I haven't worked at debian/watch yet. I didn't event know about the
source tarball being inside the ubuntu32 folder. Now we are using
Github, when I create a new tag it creates automatically an tarball
following this filename pattern :

 https://github.com/invesalius/invesalius3/archive/invesalius-3.0.0b3.tar.gz

> Please also note that `dpkg --compare-versions` does consider 3.0.0.b3-1
> larger than 3.0.0-1 - so uscan might fail identifying your real release
> as a higher version than your beta release.

Ok. I'll take a look at this.

Thank you!