Re: FastQC read for testing (Was: Some (minimal?) Java help needed)

[Steffen: Please read last paragraph about moving fastqc from SVN to Git]

Hi Carlos,

On Thu, Dec 06, 2012 at 06:59:35PM -0500, Carlos Borroto wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 5:07 PM, Andreas Tille <andreas@an3as.eu> wrote:
> > In short:
> >
> >    1. use uscan from
> >        http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/tille/devscripts.git;a=blob;f=scripts/uscan.pl;hb=HEAD
> >       to get the original tarball I used
> >    2. if this fails please send full build log (or make it accessible
> >       somewhere
> >    3. lets consider using Git if problems remain
> >
> > Thanks for working on this
>
> This did the trick. I was able to build this package after using the
> new uscan, totally didn't read the comment inside debian/rules before.

That's definitely not your fault.  Its actually a bit wacky idea of mine
to rely on not yet published features but I somehow feel three arguments
on my side:

  1. Using the new uscan here makes it more popular
  2. By doing so it gets more testers
  3. Things become so brain dead simple that it would be a real
     waste of time to write explicite code to remove stuff from
     tarballs

> I'll be testing the resulting binary with real data tomorrow. I'll
> share the results.

That's great.

> Regarding migrating to git, I would love if that's the case. I managed
> to write down a nice workflow[1] for updating git packages and for
> submitting then to launchpad. It takes me almost no time in most case.
> I will be using fastqc often enough that I would be happy to help
> keeping it updated.

Steffen, would you agree upon a move of fastqc SVN to Git?