Re: status on picard-tools and issue with libsnappy-java

Le 8/13/12 1:35 PM, Andreas Tille a écrit :
> On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 08:07:22PM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:
>> For libsnappy-java, since it still only has 10 Popcon users, of which I already
>> contribute 2 or 3 points because I develop on multiple machines, we can also do
>> something very "dark side", that is a) downgrade libsnappy-java to 1.0.3 using
>> an epoch, and b) request its removal from Wheezy.
> Its dirty but probably solves the problem in a way that causes the least
> work for us currently.  However, I think the popcon count is anyway
> "alarming" enough to assume that we might leave some unhappy users
> behind.
I'd rather like avoiding a removal.
I'd still prefer packaging a v1.0.3  ( with an epoch) that conflicts
with the current version and a picard-tools that recomments 1.0.3.
If 1.0.3 is not present, it does not matter, picard-tools will work. It
is only "mandatory" for picard-tools building.

Olivier