Re: OSCAR 10.12 has been packaged

Hi Peter,

thanks for the short update about Oscar development.

On Sun, Jul 29, 2012 at 08:26:45AM -0400, Peter Hutten-Czapski wrote:
> For now I release things that look like debs at sourceforge.
> (apologies to any conventions slurred in the process)
> https://sourceforge.net/projects/oscarmcmaster/files/

I noticed from the changelog file inside oscar-mcmaster_12-1.6.final.deb
that you are the author of these debs.  Would you be able to provide the
*.dsc file and the according debian.tar.gz (or diff.tar.gz depending
what source format you are using).  If you have no idea what I'm talking
about:  These are the two files that beling to the Debian package source
in addition to plain oskar upstream source which will be createt in the
package building process.

> On 29 July 2012 05:22, Adrian Midgley <amidgley@defoam.net> wrote:
> > On 29 July 2012 08:22, Sebastian Hilbert <sebastian.hilbert@gmx.net> wrote:
> >
> >> I would love to see Oscar packaged in Debian proper.
> >
> > So would I.

As Sebastian and Adrian mentioned there is some interest in having oskar
integratet straight into official Debian distribution and the Debian Med
project exists to make things like this happen.  In the past we had some
success with other medical record software and as far as I would see
this in all cases this was also for the profit of the upstream project.