Re: test the packaging

Hi Charles,

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 03:29:09PM +0200, Charles Roduit wrote:
> Dear Andreas,
>
> I tested the packaging, but I get an unexpected behaviour.

That's actually really unexpected!

> The script cyclically cleans the folder.
>
> This occurs if I only apply your modification on the "rule" file,
> where it calls dh $@ --with python2
>
> I attach you the log.
>
> Thank you.

> dpkg-buildpackage: paquet source openfovea
> dpkg-buildpackage: version source 0.1a155-1
> dpkg-buildpackage: source changé par Andreas Tille <tille@debian.org>
> dpkg-buildpackage: architecture hôte amd64
> dh clean --with python2
>    dh_testdir
>    dh_auto_clean
> make[1]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/croduit/DebianMed »
> `which python` setup.py clean
> running clean
> make -f /home/croduit/DebianMed/debian/rules clean
> make[2]: entrant dans le répertoire « /home/croduit/DebianMed »

Something is very suspicious with your `which python` here!!!
My log (the log that was created in a clean chroot) says:

dh clean --with python2
   dh_testdir
   dh_auto_clean
running clean
'build/lib.linux-x86_64-2.7' does not exist -- can't clean it
'build/bdist.linux-x86_64' does not exist -- can't clean it
'build/scripts-2.7' does not exist -- can't clean it
   dh_clean

I never have experienced something like this and I admit that I have no
real clue about the reason.  I'm pretty sure this would not happen when
using pbuilder (which at some point in time should be used anyway before
uploading a package and which actually cares for a clean chroot) but you
should be able to build the package also with a simple debuild or
something like this.

To track down the problem we definitely need more information.

  1. Please try again with my latest commit where I switched on
     DH_VERBOSE
  2. Please tell us what system you are using (Debian/Ubuntu release)
  3. What says: ` dpkg -l devscripts `
  4. What says this magic: ` which python `

Any more details will be needed to find a reasonable solution.