Free Clinic

A volunteer of our local Free Clinic asked me about migrating the
patient records from Microsoft Access to another sql database.  I could
help them setup a Debian server, but I have no experience with medical
records systems or migrating db's from MS Access to whatever.  I know
this description is very weak in terms of system requirements, but I am
just trying to learn a bit before I talk to people at the clinic. I
browsed a bit of the Debian Med site and I'm not sure where to go from
here.  Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chuck