Re: July MOM -- Bio-mauve 2.3.1

Hi Chris,

On Fri, Jun 15, 2012 at 11:39:34PM -0700, Chris Wrobel wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> As per my email to Andreas I would like to work on packaging of
> Bio-mauve as a MOM for July.

That's great.

> Please let me know if anyone begun work on this software package
> previously.
>
> As per  the tasks page http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/bio
> work has not begun for this program yet.

I think it makes sense to package it.  Please note that there is a
duplicate entry in our tasks files and you can find it some preparation
under the name mauvealigner (I'll drop the Bio-mauve entry but this is
no veto against the name bio-mauve or a preference of mauvealigner -
just mauve is not possible because there is just such a package).  So it
might make sense to discuss here on the list what name might fit best.

> Please advise on the suitability of this software for Deb-Med.

>From my perspective this is a good choice - otherwise I would not have
started with this but sometimes it is hard to do QA work, infrastructure
work and getting new packages in at the same time.  So you can not guess
from the fact that it was never finished that it is not important.

Thanks for your intent to help Debian Med