Re: [MoM]: libquazip

On Wed, Jun 06, 2012 at 02:30:24PM +0200, Eric Maeker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Short summary of my today's commits:
> - corrected the -doc package :) (too easy)

Not really.  Did you had a look into the package (I'm using mc to simply
browse *.deb files - any other file manager might do as well) or the lot
of lintian warnings?  Further hint:

    man dh_installdocs

> - created entry for the libquazip-dbg in the control file && created the related .install file
>   * debug libs are installed in: /usr/lib/debug/usr/lib/libquazip*.so*

As I said I did not dealt with library debug packages.  Did you used any
existing package as example and if yes which one?

> - updated rules:

According to clean target:  You are removing *all* Makefiles even
doc/latex/Makefile which is part of the upstream tarball which is no
real problem but I personally would try to avoid.  I think droping
the line

   find . -name Makefile -delete

should be sufficient (untested) because if dh_auto_clean is doing its
job properly all other Makefile should have gone.  If not specifying
these (half)manually should do the trick to leave out doc/latex/Makefile
from the purging process.

>   * adding vars to avoid 'magic numbers' in code and make the code more user friendly

Good.

>   * during the configure step:
>     . creating the makefiles for the release shared lib
>     . creating the makefiles for the debug shared lib (step required by Qt && QuaZIP)
>     . creating the makefiles for the static shared lib (step required by Qt && QuaZIP)

Also good (and some lesson about qmake for myself, thanks).

>   * during the build step:
>     . making the three kinds of the lib (three commands, using three different makefiles)

Good.

>   * defining the dh_strip for the debug package (avoid strip of the lib)

Good.

>   * during the install step:
>     . install all for the release build: includes && bins
>     . install bins only for static && debug build
>   * everything is installed where it should be, package are correctly built

... except of the doc package.

> I've made many tries with the dh $@ --buildsystem=qmake without full success.

My guess is that the triple build might cause some problems here but
this is wild guessing without exactly knowing what you actually tried.

> I can not get the d_shlibs script to work with this packaging... But it seems that the symbols are automatically.

As I said: it is not mandatory and I might give it a try as well perhaps
before we upload.  Finally the package just should be in good shape no
matter what tools leaded to this result.

> Todos left:
> - multi-arch: not so sure that this feature can be helpful with QuaZIP (due to its dependence to libqt4).

As I said before: Multiarch is something I avoided upto now.  I do not
see any urgent need to touch this for libquazip.

> - catch the jobs -> $(MAKE) -j $(JOBS)

What exactly do you mean?

> - make clean should be outdated (I'm thinking while reading my mail :D )

See above.

> - create the demonstration packages ???? Far from useful !!!

No idea.  May be it is better to find out whether test/ dir can be used
to run some automatic tests.

> Thanks for your review

That's part of the MoM deal. ;-)