Re: [MoM] Any student for June?

> packaging a library [..] is a bit harder than a simple application and
> that you should be aware of the "Debian Library Packaging guide"[1].

This guide is my current bible :)

> The d-shlibs package tries to implement the rules layed out in this
> document and I try to use it wherever possible.

Ok I understand.

We have two "natural" ways to build the source and create the package:
- the upstream natural way is to add some params to the qmake command line (what I've done). This way three simple commands are needed (qmake, make, make install). Using a simple patch, I can even try to build release and debug libs in one command.
- the d-shlibs way which seems to be natural in the Debian packaging world. I can not find any documentation about d-shlibs with google. May be you can send me some links ?

As I am not a Debian guru, I will follow you choice (my preference is to use qmake).

>  For sure there is no
> written rule that you have to use d-shlibs but it serves two purposes:
>
>  1. simplify library packaging
>  2. making sure packaging follows library policy
>
> IMHO these are two interesting features and so it is worth a try to use
> d-shlibs if possible. I will have a look into your latest changes this
> afternoon and will try to give some more hints to your work.

Ok, give it a test and let me know. I did not work on symbol versioning as I did not understand anything to this matter...
I've adapted the freemedforms code to take into account the availability of the libquazip package. Using the qmake command you can define if you want or not to use the packaged lib (in this case, libquazip is not built by freemedforms otherwise it is). Then I tested the lib with freemedforms and did not experiment any problem (I have just to check that my freemedforms build used the headers of the packaged libquazip).

> For the moment I remember that I wanted to change the following to comply
> better with the naming scheme we are usially following:  Move
>
>   svn://svn.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/quazip/trunk/

>   svn://svn.debian.org/debian-med/trunk/packages/libquazip/trunk/

Ah ah ah... Good... We are exactly "on the same radiowave" :) Yesterday I started to write you a private mail to ask you about updating the svn path to libquazip as well as the source package name.
I've done the change.

> name the source package (in changelog and control) from quazip
> to libquazip.

done too.

> Saying this I would like to mention that I added you as MoM student for
> month June.  Thanks for your readiness.

Thanks,
Eric