Re: sponsor upload aghermann-0.6.0-1 please

> > just so that you know that due to libconfig++-dev (>= 1.4.8)  it would not
> > build on ubuntu releases.  is 1.3 series good enough?
> In my tests, aghermann links and runs fine with libconfig-1.3.2, so I lowered
> the requirement for libconfig to that version.  I'll try nd_build with oneiric
> tomorrow to see if it builds on it.

cool!

> > could you elaborate on this?  policy actually says to include upstream
> > changelog whenever available:
> Meanwhile, here's the lintian issue with the changelogs:

> Now running lintian...
> W: aghermann: duplicate-changelog-files usr/share/doc/aghermann/ChangeLog.gz
> usr/share/doc/aghermann/changelog.gz N:
> N:    The package appears to be shipping two copies of the changelog.
> The first of these two changelog files comes from debian/changelog.  Per

are you sure???

> Debian Policy, it is somehow supposed to be transformed into
> changelog.Debian.gz.  As the handling of debian/changelog is done by some of
> the dh_* scripts, I don't seem to have it under my control.  Or am I wrong?

hm... man dh_installchangelogs will describe all glory details and that
is the one which installs debian/changelog into changelog.Debian.gz.
the question now is how you end up with
usr/share/doc/aghermann/changelog.gz and
usr/share/doc/aghermann/ChangeLog.gz since I do not see anything obvious
under debian/ (e.g. listing ChangeLog in debian/docs) -- may be your
'make install' "installs" it under docs somehow?  I guess I will
have a look at it if it remains whenever you upload a fresh buildable
package.

> Sorry for the FTBFS; should be the last time now I have fully grasped the
> meaning of "clean build".

;-)

--
Yaroslav O. Halchenko
Postdoctoral Fellow,   Department of Psychological and Brain Sciences