Re: ITP: QuaZip

On Fri, Jun 01, 2012 at 04:16:57PM +0200, Eric MAEKER wrote:

> I've uploaded a first functional packaging for quazip can anyone review it and send his/her comments please ?

Uhmmm, s/functional/non-functional/ - it ends up with empty packages at
my side.  I tried to convert the packaging to use d-shlibs but it is far
from finished.  I also filed #675500 to request a needed enhancement -
lets see how quick maintainer might fix this.

> While I do not have much time for this work, I didn't create the "libquazip0-dbg" package. This build needs a source patch. If this package is mandatory I'll patch the source as soon as possible.

IMHO, -dbg is not mandatory and I do not see an urgent need for this.

I might profit from some help with the install target - needed to
override dh_auto_install by some crappy manual code which sucks, but the
created Makefile has simply a broken target dir.

All other stuff needs to be fixed later because I have to leave now.

BTW, it makes perfectly sense to not try to build the quazip package
before the freeze.  Please let me know where to find the copyright
cleaned up source tarball (new version number???) and lets do the upload
as quick as possible.  The quazip fine tuning might be done afterwards.