Re: General solution for name space pollution issues

On Wed, May 16, 2012 at 10:14:22AM +0900, Charles Plessy wrote:

> I think we definitely need namespaces like this and even if the final
> implementation may be different, I think that it is a good start.

I also are attempting a start for something which raises discussions in
some kind of regular cyclus with no real outcome.

> I would rather put a "Recommends" or even "Suggests" relationship with
> med-config, so that the solution is either opt-in or opt-out.

IMHO "Suggests" is wrong because I would like to have the user have it
installed as default.  The opt-out is given by the debconf question and
here I would set "No" as default.

> Technically, using /usr/lib/debian-med/bin will be a FHS violation in case the
> programs in that directory are scripts, but I do not think it has detrimental
> consequences to the system.  After all, /usr/lib/cgi-bin also contais scripts.

I do not think that it is a violation to have scripts in /usr/lib.  As
far as I understand it is not allowed to have arch dependant code in
/usr/share but it is not forbidden to have arch independant code in
/usr/lib.  (Finally we need to avoud having another dir in the PATH ...)