Re: Any progress with FIS GT.M?

Hi Andreas,

Yes, there has been a bit more progress.

Here is an update.

The Git branch:

https://github.com/luisibanez/fis-gtm/tree/cmakeifiedv55

now contains the source code of Version 5.5, with the files
generated during the bootstrapping stage, and with a
collection of CMakeLists.txt files.

In Intel 64 bits, it builds the libraries and executables;
while in Intel 32, it builds the libraries but I'm having
trouble with a few (4 or 5) missing symbols when
linking the executables.

The debian scripts are updated to use this version 5.5,
by invoking cmake for configuration.

Although in recent messages in the list, I learned that
the debian build system may have a more natural way
of using cmake, than what I put in the 'rules' file:

 override_dh_auto_configure:
    cp -a ./$(SRC_EXTRAS_DIR)/* .
    cmake .
    dh_auto_configure

================

What lays ahead:

0) Update the Git branch with some recent security
     patches from fis-gtm upstream.

1) Fix the missing symbols when building
     executables in Intel 32 bits.

2) Incorporate post-build steps from fis-gtm scripts

3) Incorporate installation (final destination)
     from fis-gtm scripts

4) Put heads together with the upstream team and
    look at how they could carry the CMakeLists.txt
    files in their source tree, as a parallel configuration
    system, as well as vetting the bootstrap-generated
    files. We have exchanged emails on this with
    Bhaskar.

More brains and hands are very welcome,
to help bring this to completion.       :-)

    Luis