Re: Source package names and VCS URLs.

Le Tue, Apr 24, 2012 at 08:16:38AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> However, in the long run I do not think that your effort to have the
> same directory name as the source package name will have success outside
> our team (or the teams you can influence).

> BTW, the explicit specification of such subdirectories in
> scripts/umegaya-guess-url looks suspicious to me.  You will never cope
> with all those different ways all the Debian teams might invent to
> structure their repository.

Hi Andreas,

Good point.  What matters in the end is that the Vcs-* fields in the Debian
source control files are accurate.

The function of scripts/umegaya-guess-url somehow inverted at some point.  Now
I use it to extract a package name from an URL, because I parse the tasks files
for the Vcs-* entries of the prospective source packages.  In case they are not
in a blends repository, I see no other way to discover them.

This said, the current scripts/umegaya-guess-url is still very conservative
in its guesses, and tends to discard the few URLS that were rescued by
parsing the tasks files...  Many things on the TODO list...

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,