Re: Plans for ITK version 4

On Mon, Apr 23, 2012 at 09:40:28AM -0400, Paul Novotny wrote:

> SO, in the end, I learned more than I wanted. And the solution is
> probably to include my patch, changing #if to #ifdef.

I agree.  It never occurred to me that someone (#cmakedefine) would
write "#define WORDS_BIGENDIAN" rather than "#define WORDS_BIGENDIAN
1".  I've learned something.  Thanks!

> But also change
> #cmakedefine to #cmakedefine01 in tif_config.h.in.

With this change, "#ifdef WORDS_BIGENDIAN" would always be true.  So
we'd have to also change to "#if WORDS_BIGENDIAN" instead.

I'm going to adopt your patch and not worry about it.  :-)

Thanks for the education,
-Steve