mtj package / JLAPACK

Hi,
this mail is primarly targeted to Andreas, but if someone has an
opinion....
upstream author of licensed issue file in JLAPACK agreed to change its
license to a compatible one.
However, as upstream code has been modified in JLAPACK software, I must
reintegrate modifications made by JLAPACK team in upstream code.
This is fine but I cannot patch it (would mean source code is not
licensed compliant), so I have to remove impacted file and provide it
myself via debian dir.

As orig source code has to be modified, and as there is no tarball to
download (only CVS), I wonder if it would make sense that I fork the
upstream code, apply modifications on licensed file and provide a source
tarball myself.

Upstream code has not been modified for 4 years now, so we can think it
is freezed and would not cause issue to fork it.

What do you think ?

Olivier

--

gpg key id: 4096R/326D8438  (keyring.debian.org)
Key fingerprint = 5FB4 6F83 D3B9 5204 6335  D26D 78DC 68DB 326D 8438