Re: [Debian-med-packaging] j2f package

Hi Olivier,

On Wed, Mar 21, 2012 at 05:25:15PM +0100, Olivier Sallou wrote:
> I could go a little futher.
> I think you also need jarpack,netlib-java and jlapack.
> I could generate jarpack and netlib-java stuff (not packaged yet, from
> source), but I cannot find anywhere jlapack source.
> For jlapack, there are only binaries and no instructions on how to
> generate those. I sent a mail upstream to have information, I will let
> you know.

I think when we were in Southport I recieved som email of an author
who pointed me to

    http://www.netlib.org/java/f2j/

providing a link saying

file	jlapack-0.8.tgz
for	JLAPACK source and class files (tgz archive)
by	Keith Seymour <seymour@cs.utk.edu>
size    1.3M

but this is not really a source archive.  I somehow have the suspicion
that the sources would be the result of some F2J process.  When digging
deeper I've got another hint at

    http://icl.cs.utk.edu/f2j/faq/index.html#320

and the suggested

cvs -d:pserver:anonymous@f2j.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/f2j login
cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@f2j.cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvsroot/f2j co -r jlapack0_8 -P f2j

resulted in a f2j dir containing a subdirectory jlapack-3.1.1 which
seems to contain the relevant Fortran code for the conversion to Java.
The Fortran code seems to be some version of BLAS which shows
differences to some Debian packaged sources I found (but I do not
remember any more those details.

Thanks for your work on this