Re: new link for http://www.hpc.unm.edu/~aroberts/main/free.htm

Hi,

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 01:40:10PM -0400, Yaroslav Halchenko wrote:
> I have ran into your page
> http://www.hpc.unm.edu/~aroberts/main/free.htm
> and wanted to share the resource you seems have still missing:
>
> Debian Med project: http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-med/
> which takes care about "integrating related free and open source software
> for medical imaging, bioinformatics, clinic IT infrastructure, and
> others within Debian OS. "  As a result we provide a rich variety of
> FOSS for various fields, e.g. have a look at tasks pages:
> http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks
> which seems to list lots of software of interest for you.

Thanks to Yaroslav for pointing to Debian Med.  When browsing the
biotech-resource site I noticed that also chemistry related software
is linked to.  So in addition it might be interesting to know that
there is a team inside Debian which in the same manner as we do care
for biological software is enriching Debian with chemical software.
Just have a look at

   http://blends.alioth.debian.org/debichem/tasks

for a list of packages prepared by the DebiChem team.