Re: Source code of phyutility

[Keeping Debian Med list in CC after having stripped parts written by
 Stephen.]

Hi Stephen,

many thanks for keeping me updated about phyutility and that derby.jar
is not used any more which makes things for us much more easy.  I admit
that I'm currently busy with some infrastructure stuff, but I had a very
quick look into this.  After this look some questions remain:

 1. Our ftpmasters is always asking for the source of binary files
    inside upstream sources and they regard also pdf files as "binary".
    So could you provide also the LaTeX source for the manual.  Otherwise
    I would need to strip the PDF from the tarball and just link to
    an online available manual.

 2. I found src/jebl.  I compared this with what we provide as packaged
    version of

         http://code.google.com/p/jebl2/

    Can you please clarify the status of this?  Your copy seems to be
    a bit more up to date than what I downloaded recently from the URL
    above.  I'd regard it very reasonable to stick to a common code base
    and just depend from the resulting library.

    On the other hand when lloking further I also found
    src/org/virion/jam which is rather part of

         http://jebl.sourceforge.net/

    and thus I suspect here jebl is used (and actually the files look
    more similar than in jebl2.  I admit I'm a bit confused by those
    copies of files.  It might be my non-Java educated, modular centric
    Debian point of view but this mix of different versions of the same
    code included into several projects does not sound like a good idea.

 3. The files you are providing in src/org/xml seem to be from

      http://xml.apache.org/commons/

    (Debian packaged as xml-commons-external) but the java files
    itself are different to the Debian packaged version.  I would
    prefer using the library inside Debian.  Do you see any trouble
    in doing so?

Kind regards and thanks for keeping me updated

      Andreas.