Re: MIA upload

Hello Andreas,

> Great.  As you might have noticed I did some changes - please check out
> the commit logs.
I see.

> > This package provides real image processing funcionality and is the
> > biggest package I'm currently preparing. i.e. this is the one that
> > should probably end up in on of the tasks files.
>
> I guess candidates would be mia2-bin for imaging and libmia-2.0-dev for
> imaging-dev right?
Yes.

> From my personal taste I would prefer mia2-tools or
> even mia-tools (I personally do not see a need to duplicate the version
> number in the package name - but perhaps there is some good reason for
> it).  I just have the feeling that '-bin' is quite rarely used and
> '-tools' is somehow common for tools using the library features.
I'll change this thirst thing on Monday, there was also no real reason
to use the version number, i.e. I will remove it.

> Moreover the shotr description of mia-2.0-dev is not optimal.  It would
> be better to have some short explanation in it rather than refering to
> the package featuring the dynamic library and thus forcing the reader to
> dig into the description of another package.
Okay, I will change this too.

> I tried to git-buildpackage mia and got:
>
> $ git-buildpackage
> dh clean --parallel
>    dh_testdir -O--parallel
>    dh_auto_clean -O--parallel
>    dh_clean -O--parallel
> gbp:info: Orig tarball 'mia_2.0.7.orig.tar.xz' not found at '../tarballs/'
> paranoia check failed on params from delta (-z -9) at /usr/bin/pristine-xz line 195.
> pristine-tar: command failed: pristine-xz --no-verbose --no-debug --no-keep genxz /tmp/pristine-tar.eIfAuN7sWh/wrapper /tmp/pristine-tar.tATBi4qGo1/mia_2.0.7.orig.tar.xz.tmp
> pristine-tar: failed to generate tarball
> gbp:error: Couldn't checkout "mia_2.0.7.orig.tar.xz": /usr/bin/pristine-tar returned 255

Somehow this is haunting us :/. I just set up a completely new and clean
Debian-unstable VM and then ...

git-buildpackage
dh clean --parallel
   dh_testdir -O--parallel
   dh_auto_clean -O--parallel
   dh_clean -O--parallel
gbp:info: mia_2.0.7.orig.tar.xz does not exist, creating from
'upstream/2.0.7'
 dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot -D -us -uc -i -I
dpkg-buildpackage: Quellpaket mia
dpkg-buildpackage: Quellversion 2.0.7-1
dpkg-buildpackage: Quellen geändert durch Gert Wollny \
<gw.fossdev@gmail.com>
 dpkg-source -i -I --before-build mia
dpkg-buildpackage: Host-Architektur amd64

and it creates mia_2.0.7.orig.tar.xz in the parent directory.

I noted that the "gbp:info" message  is different, and I seem to
remember that I also saw the "../tarballs" part before my vacations. In
other words, it could be we have another version conflict like with
pristine-tar before. I used git-buildpackage version 0.6.0~git20121124.

Best
Gert