Researcher and technician positions open at RIKEN in Japan.

Hello everybody,

As you may know I am working at RIKEN in Japan where I analyse the expression
of genes and the mechanism of their regulation using molecular biology and
bioinformatics.  RIKEN is opening positions of researchers and technicians in
its new Center for Life Science Technologies (CLST).  As some of these
positions involve heavy use of bioinformatics and high-performance computing,
and as Debian is in a leading position in bioinformatics thanks to the hard
work of the Debian Med project, I hope that the open call that I forward below
can be relevant to some of you.

Sadly, my colleagues and our infrastructure are not using Debian so much
compared to the other Linux distributions.  This is another reason why
I advertise here: if you are interested by this open call and get a position,
let's reverse that trend and make Debian the distribution of choice :)

Cheers,

-- Charles

The RIKEN Center for Life Science Technologies (CLST), which will open in April
2013, started to hire researcher and technical staff and has released open
calls on the RIKEN website for its three divisions: genomics technologies,
structural and synthetic biology, and bio-function dynamics imaging.  RIKEN is
a fully international workplace where foreigners are very welcome.  English is
our working language.

  http://www.riken.jp/engn/r-world/info/recruit/index.html#clst

The deadline for the applications to arrive is January 8th, noon, Japan time.

In the division of genomic technologies (director: Piero Carninci), the unit
for genomics miniaturization technologies, which I will lead, will in
particular apply our transcriptome profiling technology (CAGE) to single cells,
from primary cultures or dissociated tissues.

There will be exciting challenges and opportunities for discoveries on both the
experimental and computational sides, as our goal is to cover each sample with
10,000 single-cell transcriptomes, in order to describe them as dynamic
populations of cells, in a "population transcriptomics" approach.  There is a
longer summary on my RIKEN homepage:

  http://134.160.84.27/osc/english/members/Charles_Plessy.html

Please feel free to contact me for more details or questions about our
activities.  Also, if you like the concepts, but are not available from April
2013, there are other opportunities to join, in particular the post-doctoral
fellowships from the Japanese Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS),
EMBO, HFSP, etc.

Charles Plessy

--
Charles Plessy, Ph.D. – RIKEN Yokohama Institute
Omics Science Center – Functional Genomics Technology Team