Re: InVesalius 3 Beta

Hi Thiago,

On Mon, Nov 19, 2012 at 03:25:50PM -0200, Thiago Franco Moraes wrote:
> > Thanks for your preparation.  I downloaded this and tried to build it in
> > a clean chroot.  This seemed to reveal some missing Build-Depends from
> > libvtk5-dev.  After adding this the build failed as well and unfortunately
> > I'm a bit short in time to check this in detail.
> >
> > I would like to suggest that you inject the packaging either in SVN or
> > Git at your preference according to Debian Med team policy[1] to enable
> > more easy.  Given that your final target invesalius is just in Debian
> > Med SVN I guess this should be no real problem for you and it would help
> > more simple cooperation (I would have simply added the Build-Depends and
> > some other polishing).
>
> Injected.

Fine thanks.  I had a look into this and fixed several things in the
packaging specifically I now got the Build-Depends right - at least the
binary package is created now.

> > It would be perfectly fine to switch the Debian packaging from SVN to
> > Git as well.  Just tell me if I should give you a kickstart into this
> > and move the packaging accroding to the layout as described in our
> > policy[1].
>
> Injected using svn-inject. Not without doing some local testing
> before. I think I did it in the right way.

The injection was perfectly fine - as I said I fixed some things - just
do `svn up; svn log` .

> Thanks for your help!

To continue with this I would really like you to consider releasing some
kind of versioned source tarball to enable us writing a watch file.  As
far as I was told even proper tagging at github might do the trick.  In
case you create the tarball please make sure that it untars into a
directory like  python-casmoothing-<version> and not just simply throws
all its content into the current directory.

I also think that the package deserves a bit better long description -
some cut-n-pasted phrases from the paper abstract might do the trick.

Kind regards and thanks for your work on this