Versioned source download for PHYLOViZ?

Hello,

I'm writing you on behalf of the Debian Med team that tries to package
all Free Software relevant to medical care and bioinformatics straight
into official Debian.  We've got a hint to your PHYLOViZ package and it
seems to be a nice target for us.  When inspecting your download page[1]
I just learned that your source tarballs are not featuring any
versioning.  This is generally a bad idea (also for non-Debian users)
because it is hard to tell whether there is a new release worth
downloading.  Thus I would like you to consider providing files like

   net-phyloviz-core-1.2.3.tar.gz

(or whatever version scheme you might choose) instead of just
net-phyloviz-core.tar.gz.

I hope you might like the idea to create Debian packages and thanks for
providing PHYLOViZ as Free Software

       Andreas.

[1] http://www.phyloviz.net/wiki/plugins/