Re: Packaging Ray for Debian Med

Le Sun, Nov 04, 2012 at 01:04:37AM -0400, Sébastien Boisvert a écrit :
> OK, so the things in my pristine-tar branch are not good at all !
>
> I checked the pristine-tar branch of debian-med/bwa.git, and it contains
> delta between orig tarballs.
> But is the first orig tarball stored somewhere ?

The binary delta is between the original tarball and the collection of Git
objects corresponding to its content.

Usually, we import the tarball with the git-buildpackage helper, which takes
care of pristine-tar.  In your case, you already have an upstream branch with
tags corresponding to version numbers of releases.  The command 'pristine-tar
commit' should therefore help you to populate a pristine-tar branch, if you
want.

If I understand well, the Git repository on Alioth is a clone of RayGit, on top
of which you have added RayPlatform ?  In that case, a pristine-tar binary
delta would contain a full copy of RayPlatform.  But given the size (856 here),
it may not be a problem if the number or releases is limited.  What you can
also do is generate an orig.tar.gz tarball from the Git repository on Alioth,
and then commit it in the pristine-tar branch.

This said, there is no problem on Debian's side to package RayPlatform
separately.  This is what I do with fastx-toolkit and libgtextutils.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,