Re: package strap and strap-base work

Le Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 11:51:18AM +0200, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> Well, I was just spreading a raw idea which is totally unrelated to
> strap.  If a chemical-mime-data package exists and makes sense why not
> having biological-mime-data following the perfectly same scheme?

Hello everybody,

The procedure for registering media (MIME) types is being changed to encourage
submissions even for narrow-scoped uses.  I am currently experiencing myself
with the procedure.  If it works well, then I think that the best way to go
would be to register the types to the IANA instead of making ad-hoc packages
like chemical-mime-data (which exists because some years ago, registration was
apparently more difficult).

See http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-appsawg-media-type-regs/
for more information.

Have a nice day,