Re: New upstream version of velvet contains debian/ dir

Hi Andreas,

I wanted to be clear on what you're asking.

We install everything on our cluster using Debian packages, and when packaging isn't done elsewhere we do it for internal use, and offer it to the public for use at their leisure from our apt repo.

For key bioinformatics software we re-package them specially so that all executables contain version numbers, and different versions result in different packages.  This is part of our reproducibility system, and may be of use to some, but certainly not all users.

Are you telling me that we're doing the packaging incorrectly, or that we shouldn't make an apt repository available?

Thanks for any advice you have..

Scott

--
Scott Smith
Manager, Application Programming and Development