Re: Peer-reviewed journals for technical articles

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 05, 2012 at 02:57:16PM +0200, Bas Wijnen wrote:
> For biophysical research (measuring butterfly wings and eyes), I have
> developed several device drivers[0] (among others for a camera and for a
> spectrometer). In our group we normally publish in biological journals,
> like the Proceedings of the Royal Society A. In this case, I would like
> to write an article for a technical journal, describing the device
> drivers and the setup in general, with less focus on the measurements.
>
> However, I do not know which journal would be appropriate. Does anyone
> here know such a journal? I'm looking for something scientific, which
> means peer reviewed. I can adapt the article to be more technical or
> more about the measurements, depending on the target journal, but the
> focus should mostly be on the setup, not on the measurements.

You should have a look at the BMC journals[1] from BioMedCentral. They
are Open Access, which flows well with the goals of Debian and F/OSS in
general, and they allow articles focusing on software.

[1] http://www.biomedcentral.com/authors/bmcseries

Cheers,

--
Einar Ryeng