Re: Translating package descriptions

Hi Erik,

On Wed, Aug 15, 2012 at 07:25:12PM +0200, Erik Esterer wrote:
> Hello Debian Med List!

Thanks for your interest in Debian Med.

> Since Wheezy is coming closer I thought it would be a nice goal to have
> most package descriptions relevant for Debian Med translated by then.
> Is anyone interested in translating or reviewing translations? :)

I think translations are actually really important to have for Debian Med.
Because of this I cared for a (hopefully brain dead) easy way to do the
translations for the packages of interests of Debian Med:  The tasks pages
which are collected at

    http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/tasks/

contain a yellow button in the right column of any not yet translated
package (according to the language which is set in your browser) saying
"Translate description" (which might also be translated to your
language.)  I would really welcome if more people would go on
translating packages they feel competent for (that's why we have tasks
to guide people to their workfield were they are potentially knowledged
translators as well.)

> PS: E.g. Right now logol-bin[1] is in a German review.
>
> 1: http://ddtp.debian.net/ddtss/index.cgi/de/forreview/logol-bin?1344944900

I admit I can not comment on this review process - the link from the
tasks page does not access this and there does not seem to be a hint on
the translation page to this - hmmm, perhaps I need to investigate a bit
into this.

Thanks for the hint anyway and please keep on the translation work