Re: status on picard-tools and issue with libsnappy-java

Le Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 12:30:12PM +0200, olivier.sallou@codeless.fr a écrit :

> Too bad....
> We could indeed package a libsnappy1.0.3-java (with a conflict on
> libsnappy-java, and a recommends on picard-tools) and make picard-tools
> depend on this version.

Hi Olivier and Andreas,

first of all, many thanks for your work on this.

For libsnappy-java, since it still only has 10 Popcon users, of which I already
contribute 2 or 3 points because I develop on multiple machines, we can also do
something very "dark side", that is a) downgrade libsnappy-java to 1.0.3 using
an epoch, and b) request its removal from Wheezy.

Note to the other readers: this is really something that usually should not be
done.  Please forget what you read !

What do you think ?

--
Charles Plessy