Re: Comments regarding cnrun_1.1.12-1_amd64.changes; sponsor upload 1.1.13-1

Hi Luca, Yaroslav,

Thanks for the bunch of pertinent remarks.  I really learned a thing or two
about Debian process as I went through them one by one.  Here's hoping the way
I dealt with them is satisfactory.  For details, you can check the current
state in... oops...  For some reason, even after I did as instructed on
http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/Git#Repository_maintenance, this URL
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=users/hmmr-guest/cnrun.git points to
nowhere, and
http://anonscm.debian.org/gitweb/?p=pkg-exppsy/cnrun.git;a=summary is still an
empty repository, even after I did 'git branch -m master debian'.  Sorry if I
forgot something yet.

So I pushed to my own, unpublished repository on alioth.debian.org, and also
on (the hateful) github, for you to inspect my last changes.

Due to changes in the sources, upstream has decided to make it cnrun-1.1.13.
I'm posting the latest dsc here:
http://johnhommer.com/academic/code/cnrun/source/deb/cnrun_1.1.13-1.dsc

On Sun, 29 Jul 2012 21:19:39 +0000
Luca Falavigna <ftpmaster@debian.org> wrote:

> * debian/README.Debian
>   - Such information should belong to debian/copyright instead.
Now this file contains information on what options cnrun was configured with
for Debian.

> * debian/control
>   - Why build-depending on g++-4.6 | g++-4.7, when that is already
> satisfied by build-essential, along with libstdc++6?
Removed these deps.

>   - Regarding the last paragraph of the long description: such credits
> belong to debian/copyright instead.
Chopped off last sentence.

> * debian/rules
>   - It uses DEB_BUILD_HARDENING=1 and dpkg-buildflags, without
> build-depending on the appropriate dpkg version. Please follow hardening
> guide closely.
Updated debian/rules and debian/control accordingly.

> * debian/copyright
>   - The Files: * section, is, I believe, too broad; Thomas Nowotny wrote the
>     original upstream library, but has nothing to do with the Debian
> packaging.
Fixed.

>   - License is a bit unclear, upstream tarball contains GPL files, COPYING
>     states they're licensed under GPL-3+, while copyright file states it's
> GPL-2+.
Fair point.  All source files are now clearly marked GPL-2+.

> * other notes
>   - The deb contains the examples under /usr/share/doc/cnrun, mixed in with
>     the rest of the documentation. You could consider moving them to
>     /usr/share/doc/cnrun/examples instead (cfr. Policy §12.6).
Fixed.