Re: gnumed-client 1.2.0 , needs sponsorship

On Thursday, July 26, 2012 02:55:26 PM Andreas Tille wrote:

> Hi Sebastian,

> On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 01:53:46PM +0200, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> > I was under the impression that I prepared both server and client.

> No, only client was updated. If you would confirm I just need to increase

> the version number I'll go on upload.

svn indicates I worked on the control file six weeks ago. Apparently I forgot to update the changelog

The version for experimental would be 17.1. Diff says all I did was add myself to the changelog (yeah) :-)

> > However I

> > did not explicetly prepare 1.2.1 but rather 1.2.0. There are no

> > differences

> > with regards to the rules file or config files however so I guess just

> > changing the version would do it ?

> Just uploaded.

With regards to 1.2.1 I just noticed that that I made a mistake in the rules file by forgetting to change the <suggests> to server version 17. It still suggests v16 for the 1.1 clients.

> > I assume that when a package is built on the Debian servers the sources

> > are

> > downloaded fresh anyway from upstream ?

> This assumption is wrong. There is no such process that automatically

> fetches new upstream source. The Debian maintainer gets a notification

> from uscan about new upstream versions and will download this, increase

> the changelog entry (a changelog entry that does not match the source

> tarball will not build) and than the package will be pushed to the

> Debian servers. Debian servers have *never* automatically fetched any

> upstream sources and I guess this will also never happen in the future.

I see.

In summary gnumed-server 17.1 can be uploaded. In one of the next bug fix releases suggests should be changed as noted above. Will now go in and try to commit a fix.

Thanks for your help.

Sebastian