Re: Debian Med logo (gif format)

Hi Eric,

thanks for your work on this.  I commited it as PNG (!! please never use
Gif if PNG does better!) to SVN but did not took any further action
(like replacing the JPG or something like this).  We actually never
finally decided about a Logo and the fact that
http://debian-med.alioth.debian.org/ actually shows a different one
(which is in fact questionable because of the usage of the red cross)
is one sign of this.  What we actually would need is some kind of
Logo competition and I personally would only accept scalable graphics
(in PDF or SVG format) to solve the problem you was mentioning below
for the resolution issue once and for ever also for posters etc.

I admit that I'm personally quite bored by such design and advertising
stuff and that I would *really* love if some people with good skills
in graphics and layout would care about this.  A (very) long time ago
we had some page setup with logo suggestions:

   http://people.debian.org/~tille/debian-med/logos/

I have some slight personal ranking (which was expressed by picking two
of them for different usages on our web pages) but I personally not
convinced that we have a final logo on this page (nor should this be my
own decision).

In short:  There is no such thing like a Debian Med logo but there
should be one and I personally will not spend my time into this effort.