Re: freemedforms-project: new upstream 0.7.6

On Sun, Jul 01, 2012 at 12:01:58AM +0200, Eric Maeker wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've done the maximum of what I can give to the project, but:
> - FreeAccount segfault on quit (patch == 1line)
> - hurd does not install (patch == 1line)
> - actually no solution for kfreebsd
>
> I guess that the freemedforms-project will not be pushed to stable...
> I've created the patches, do we try to reupload or is it unnecessary?

Debian is frozen now.  We are allowed to fix RC critical bugs in
packages in testing.  My advise would be the following

   1. WAIT first until 0.7.6 migrates to testing.  This is
      important.  If we upload a new version before 0.7.6 is
      in testing it goes to unstable and can not enter testing
      again.  So waiting is *very* important.
   2. If we detect some release critical bugs file these AFTER
      the package went to testing (so NOT now).
   3. Fix the RC bugs inside version 0.7.6 (no new version, just
      patches) and upload to testing-proposed-updates and ping
      debian-release@lists.debian.org

It is very important to follow this very sequence if you want to see
FreeMedForms inside next Debian stable.