Re: [MoM] Any student for June?

Hi All,

I would be interested to become a student.

Later, when I am confident with the packaging system I could
help others.

My plans:

1. Get debian package for Strap working. Strap is a free program
   to compare proteins by sequence and 3D-structure. It is used by scientists
   to produce high quality figures for publications.

2. Package some external bioinformatics programs and libs
   (C++, Java) which will enhance functionality of Strap.

Current knowlege:

 - Good at Java programming and /bin/bash and Ansi C
 - Beginner with Svn and debian packaging
 - Some knowledge C++, Fortran, make

Cheers

Christoph