Re: sponsor upload aghermann-0.6.0-1 please

Hi Yaroslav,

> So I would mandate you to double-check that your package builds fine in a
> clean environment before seeking sponsorship! ;)
> http://neuro.debian.net/blog/2012/2012-04-14_ndtools.html might be of
Following your advice, I installed the neurodebian package now.  Of course
this would have spotted deboostification leftovers.

Aghermann now builds with the command:

 nd_build debian sid aghermann_0.6.0.1-1.dsc

(It had to be a new version because someone has already grabbed 0.6.0 from
sourceforge.)

> just so that you know that due to libconfig++-dev (>= 1.4.8)  it would not
> build on ubuntu releases.  is 1.3 series good enough?
In my tests, aghermann links and runs fine with libconfig-1.3.2, so I lowered
the requirement for libconfig to that version.  I'll try nd_build with oneiric
tomorrow to see if it builds on it.

> ... then that one was provided by versioned libconfig++8-dev
libconfig++8-dev happens already to depend on version 1.4.8-4 ("Transitional
package for libconfig++-dev").  Anyway, version 1.3 seems good enough, so I
might remove specific version requirement from debian/control just as well.

> could you elaborate on this?  policy actually says to include upstream
> changelog whenever available:
Meanwhile, here's the lintian issue with the changelogs:

Now running lintian...
W: aghermann: duplicate-changelog-files usr/share/doc/aghermann/ChangeLog.gz
usr/share/doc/aghermann/changelog.gz N:
N:    The package appears to be shipping two copies of the changelog.
N:
N:    If the second copy is really needed, consider making it a symlink to the
N:    canonical place for the relevant changelog.
N:
N:    Both upstream and debian changelogs are checked with this tag.
N:
N:    Severity: normal, Certainty: possible
N:
N:    Check: duplicate-files, Type: binary
N:
Finished running lintian.

The first of these two changelog files comes from debian/changelog.  Per
Debian Policy, it is somehow supposed to be transformed into
changelog.Debian.gz.  As the handling of debian/changelog is done by some of
the dh_* scripts, I don't seem to have it under my control.  Or am I wrong?

Sorry for the FTBFS; should be the last time now I have fully grasped the
meaning of "clean build".

Cheers,
Andrei

On Sun, 3 Jun 2012 09:52:05 -0400