Re: sponsor upload aghermann-0.5.90 please

Yaroslav Halchenko <debian@onerussian.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 08 Apr 2012, andrei zavada wrote:
> > I fixed it, checked that it builds on amd64 and i386,
>
> btw -- how are you checking that? did I mention before NeuroDebian way
> to make up a little build farm? e.g.
For i386, I have a spare Dell laptop from 2004, which is now pensioned
and works as a building ground part-time.  I'm also bulding it in qemu
for the hurd-i386.

> > with both g++-4.6 and
> > g++-4.7, and uploaded it to the same location (same version 0.5.90).
>
> hm -- I am afraid that was done in rush ;):
Indeed.

> neurodebian@head2:~/deb/builds/aghermann/0.5.90-1$ debdiff try1/aghermann_0.5.90-1.dsc aghermann_0.5.90-1.dsc | diffstat
> dpkg-source: warning: extracting unsigned source package (/backup/neurodebian/deb/builds/aghermann/0.5.90-1/try1/aghermann_0.5.90-1.dsc)
>  ChangeLog                      |    8
>  Makefile.in                    |  919 +
I see crap here!  That same crap which you wanted removed a while ago.
This is routinely done by a script which does the removal reading the
list of unwanted files from, erm, an env variable UNWANTED_FILES, like
so:

$ UNWANTED_FILES="Makefile.in src/Makefile.in src/*/Makefile.in m4/* aclocal.m4 config.sub ltmain.sh depcomp install-sh autogen.sh configure gentoo/*" && ~/bin/mkdeb

(the mkdeb script repackages the cleaned tree as .orig.bz2 and
eventually runs debuild -D).

What's missing here is "export" before UNWANTED_FILES, in which case all
the un-removed crap ends up in the .deb file, but the build merrily
succeeds notwithstanding.  How "export" disappeared from the bash
history I reused this last time, is another long story...

> https://github.com/neurodebian/neurodebian/blob/master/sandbox/blog_vm_ndtools.rst
Good pointer, I might give it a try.

> sorry to be pain, but is there a chance to get a cleaned up pkg (I
> usually debdiff my own packages from prev revisions to make sure that
> everything as it should be and no spurious changes/files get in)
Oh no, it's usually the terribly inaccurate me who keep failing right
and left.  I'm uploading the decrapified files now.

All that said, let's pretend 0.5.90 hasn't been released yesterday, and
another time the day before yesterday.  This is the link again:
http://johnhommer.com/academic/code/aghermann/source/deb/aghermann_0.5.90-1.dsc