Re: libsbml5

Hi Thorsten,

[...]
> >> I: libsbml5-octave: binary-has-unneeded-section
> >> usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/octave/site/oct/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu/TranslateSBML.mex
> >> .comment
> >
> > I have no idea, how to fix this. But it's not critical, right?
>
> it is not critical, but somebody had so much concerns with it, that
> some output from lintian was born. So maybe it is worth an override
> stating that mex files do have such a section that contains the
> version of the used compiler ...

better: it's solved now by inserting a line into debian/rules:
"strip --remove-section=.comment
debian/libsbml5-octave/$(OCTAVE_PATH)/*.mex"

> > I see, there is some more work to do. Up to now, also on amd64 the
> > octave site packages were situated directly under /usr/lib; now it's
> > usr/lib/x86-64-linux-gnu. I can only build for amd64 and i386; how
> > to get infos about the right path for the octave site packages on
> > other architectures?
>
> I have to admit that I am not really familiar with this multiarch
> stuff. The file in /usr/share/dpkg (<- used by dpkg-architecture)
> should give you some hints. So maybe you can use something like
> libsbml5-octave.install.in to create the real libsbml5-octave.install

I inserted some other code into debian/rules to find out, where the
octave stuff is installed to, and to create a suitable
libsbml5-octave.install. Should work on all architectures.
[...]

Ivo