Re: Status of Altree

Hi Vincent,

some kind of yearly ping.  It is a bit hard to handle this upgrade
problem because of a lack of communication.  I think I understood that
you can not spend time on this problem however, I have suggested ways to
cope with this (temporary?) ENOTIME problem.  Asking the Debian Perl
team or even Debian Med team for packaging the dependencies would not be
a big deal.  But we need your input about the stability of the newer
version.  Your last statement[1] about the stability of new version is a
bit outdated.  As a hint for upstream:  If you are not sure about the
stability of a version it is better not to release it and rather mark
clearly the alpha / beta status in the version string.

Please give some reasonable advise to the Debian Med team, which could
be:

  1. Update the currently avialable package of verison 1.0.1
     (in this case I would really love if you would rename your
     upstream tarball to 1.1.0{alpha,beta} or something like this
     which enables us adapting the watch file to not fetch this)
  2. Confirm that 1.1.0 is stable and can be packaged
  3. Altree should be removed from Debian at all because it is
     unmaintained.
  4. ???

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-med/2009/08/msg00104.html