Re: [MoM] Summary of first mentoring period

Hi Scott,

[Hint: there is no need to CC me when posting to the list]

On Thu, Mar 15, 2012 at 10:22:27AM -0500, Scott Christley wrote:
> The upgrade was a no go, everything download and installed okay but upon reboot the machine froze.

Hmmm, does not sound good.  But you seem to have tried upgrading your
whole machine instead of creating just a chroot or virtial machine.  I
would not have recommended to upgrade your workhorse from stable to
unstable, thought.

> If I get a chance then I will try to install the testing distribution.

I'm personally running testing and I like this compromise.

> In the meantime, I've been working with upstream on the rpath issue.  As far as we can tell, they are not explicitly putting rpath into the library, it seems that libtool is doing it, and it isn't obvious how to prevent libtool from doing that.  What I've done is used the chrpath utility to strip the rpath from the library, that seems to eliminate the lintian error, however I have to run some additional tests to make sure the library works fine.

OK, thanks for the update.  Working together with upstream is always a
good idea.

> I'm headed on a trip this weekend and will be gone all next week, and when I get back I'm gonna try enabling the java build.

OK.  I'll wait patiently for any news.