Re: Status bibref gatherer (Was: Tasks pages (close to) fixed; Bibref does not seem to be updated automatically)

Le Thu, Mar 08, 2012 at 09:03:16PM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> I just want to let you know that I wrote some code to parse upstream
> files stored in the proposed directory layout and move references into a
> UDD table featuring a "rank" column - so at least we can store more than
> one reference.  This does not answer the question how we finally use
> this information but editors of debian/upstream files are free to add
> more than one reference.

Hi Andreas,

On my side I made a first push to the collab-qa Subversion repository.

 http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/collab-qa/packages-metadata/

For packages that to not contain copyright or upstream files, the gatherer
creates bogus empty or HTML 404 files; I need to correct this, and then I will
push regularly the gathered changes with a command-restricted passwordless key.

  http://svnbook.red-bean.com/en/1.7/svn.serverconfig.svnserve.html#svn.serverconfig.svnserve.sshtricks

Still, I am disappointed that you ignore the rest of my work.  I spent a lot of
days for writing it, and took care of writing documentation.  Let's talk about
problems and solve them instead of writing competing implementations.  I
understand well the shortcomings you pointed in my work, but for the moment
your approach does not seem to solve them either.

For adding a rank to the references, this may be a good idea, but how do you
propose to implement this in YAML ?  Perhaps it would be simpler to keep
a single reference broken in YAML fields as it is now, and dump the rest in
BiBTeX format in a separate field ?

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy