Re: Git help in Debian Med policy seems insufficient

Le Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 11:33:12AM +0100, Andreas Tille a écrit :

> $ pristine-tar checkout tarball
> fatal: Path 'tarball.delta' does not exist in 'refs/heads/pristine-tar'
> pristine-tar: git show refs/heads/pristine-tar:tarball.delta failed
>
> Bummer!  So what exactly did I wrong?  It's a bit unfortunate that vasks
> is down currently.  If you want to try the specific tarball I uploaded
> everything to
>
>    http://people.debian.org/~tille/packages/options/

Hi Andreas,

I never call pristine-tar directly, and let git-buildpackage do so.  In your
case, you would have needed “pristine-tar checkout
liboptions-java_0.0.20120113.orig.tar.gz”, but I would prefer to not mention it
in our group policy, exactly for the reason that it complicates things.

Just use git-buildpackage as you would use dpkg-buildpackage.  For instance,
git-buildpackage -S.

Cheers,

--
Charles Plessy