Re: [Sra-tools] Dynamic linking of sra-toolkit version 2.1.3 and above.

We have been trying to handle problems from all corners...

On 32-bit Linux systems IN GENERAL, we build libz and libbz2 from source. The idea is that 32 bit systems are usually older, and we occasionally find people who don't have them available as dynamic libraries.

You can safely disable this by removing "ext" from the makefile subdirectories of libs/Makefile. This target normally does nothing on 64-bit systems, but on 32-bit systems it will download sources, unpack and build them.

The Judy code is required right now, and you will want it. We have not tried linking against an installed version, but it should work. To do this, you would disable the libs/klib/judy sub-directory and change libs/klib/Makefile to link against your systems' judy libraries with a normal "-ljudy" rather than "-sjudy".

We can also try to put together a cleaner build for you on this end, if you are willing to wait. The reason is that your users are going to need the latest code, especially the latest external schema functions, in order to work with SRA. It is important to push the version ahead.

So please try with the information in this email, and if it doesn't solve ALL your problems, we'll put together a source tarball for you that is specifically clean for dynamic builds. Currently our dependencies are:

  libz
  libbz2
  libjudy
  libxml2 (loaders only)