Re: workflow for Debian Med packages

Hi Thorsten,

my answer is a bit delayed because I was offline for some days.

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 07:34:57PM +0100, Thorsten Alteholz wrote:
> Hi,
>
> can everybody please have a look at:
>   http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMedQA

I think I just told you that I really like your weekly builds[1] and
that I'm pretty sure other teams would be keen on implementing such a
system also on their side.  IMHO debian-qa@lists.debian.org is the
correct place to advertise this.

In this line I come straigt to the last item of the Wiki page you were
asking for comments: "take care of problems reported by the weekly
build".  While I regard this as a very reasonable task I'm not too
optimistic that this will actually happen.  I'd love if some newcomers
would start some engagement here which is IMHO a great entry point:
You have some example / half working things to learn from and you can
prove that you understood things by simply finishing it (by the help
of people on this list).  This would be great.

Nothing else to comment on this Wiki page - exapt of saying "Thanks for
writing it!"

>   http://wiki.debian.org/DebianMedQAWorkflow

Same here "Thanks for writing it".  A minor nitpicking point is that
"Hubert von Schulzemeier" is probably a to German localisation and non
German speakers might fail in seeing just an example name here - but I
personally do not feel a need to change this to something else.  Perhaps
some non-Germans feel motivated to do a change it.

> During my work on Debian Med packages I stumbled over one or another
> problem. With these documents I want to make things easier for
> everybody and introduce a consistent method for working on packages.
> Of course nobody shall be forced for example to use
> svn-buildpackage. But as its usage is even suggested in the Debian
> Med policy, some standardization might be helpful.

These Wiki pages are a good way to do this standardization.

Further remark also to the last item on the page:  I learned that it is
quite hard to track inactive maintainers.  I try to do some tracking
with the team analysis effort (GSoC project and successor of my simple
mailing list analysis).

Thanks for your great QA work

      Andreas.

[1] http://debian-med.alteholz.de