Re: status of packages

Hi Charles,

On Sat, 17 Sep 2011, Charles Plessy wrote:
sorry to be a bit late to realise: I remember why I was putting files like
trunk/debian/RETIRED in the Subversion repositories of packages I migrated to
Git: deleting the trunk directory without waiting for a release cycle will
break the VCS URLs in the stable release.

hmm, ok, but aren't they broken anyway? If you use the URLs of stable, you won't get the current version (this is in git now). Instead you get some random version that only marks the moment of switching. Wouldn't it be better for the user when he gets an error instead of some outdated data? Btw. where do you see the "broken" links? Isn't the URL in PTS always the URL from the latest upload?

  Thorsten