status of packages

Hi,

I just found out that package abyss is currently not maintained within Debian Med but still in the svn repository. As there are currently several methods to mark packages no longer within svn (MOVED, README_git, now_managed_via_git, REMOVED_FROM_DEBIAN.readme), I would like to restart a previous discussion and propose a machine readable README.status file. It should contain at least a Status:- and a Comment:-line. In case of an abandoned package there might be also a Reason:- and maybe an URL:-line. If the package is finally deleted from svn, a Revision: might be added.

For now the following values come into my mind:
Revision: 1234         <- Revision of svn delete command (in case someone
                          want to have a look at this old stuff)
Comment: xxxx          <- lots of interesting stuff about the package,
                          this should be the last entry

What do you think?

   Thorsten