Re: omero-clients -- Clients to connect to the omero server

yes, I follow up with the omero project. it's the thing Everyone in biological imaging should be using, and there is no real competition to what they are doing (nothing that impresses me). a debian package is most welcome but it has to be kept very up to date to be worth it (the usual time cycles in debian would be too slow). one thing to remember though: the client version should be kept in synch with the server version so it would be worth packing both in that case. also for this reason people might locally want to have their own update site (instead of debian) to ensure compatibility. but either way, go for it!

to package omero client you should first look into packaging the bio-formats library. I'm not sure about other dependencies but this is a big one that deserves it's own package.

/Johan